Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Homemade Peas!

 Tonight I made my first quick batch of baby food.  We ran out of peas in the jar so I decided to test it out and make a small batch of home made baby food.  It went well, and was fun and rewarding - yes, maybe that does mean I need to get out more!  Haha.  It was interesting to see how much greener the homemade peas were vs. the store bought.  They were also tastier too!

Thawin' my peas!
My cooked peas!
Then I milled them.
It took a few times to get the whole batch ground up.
They weren't quite smooth enough, so I used the food blender.
This is the pea water I saved from boiling them, which I added to my mush to make it smoother.
Mr. Moose waiting patiently for his dinner!
Half way through...but still a bit thick.  Look how green it is!
TA DA!  After another round...looks about right now!
Mix in the formula and rice cereal to make the Creamy Vegetable Puree recipe from my 100 Top Baby Puree Book!
Mix it all up - and dinner is served!
Bring me my food!
You could tell that the taste was a bit different.  From the tastes I've had of the store bought vs. homemade, I felt like the homemade was tastier.
This picture cracks me up!  I feel like he looks so much older!
Wiping his own chin!
 All in all this first run at making baby food was fun!  I felt like I had an audience the whole time between Trevor, Caitlin, Jackson, and Kia!  Everyone was super excited - so maybe we all don't get out enough!  Truth be told, it's so fun introducing him to new foods!  Better yet, new foods that I made!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your pics! Great post! adorable baby! :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete