Monday, November 21, 2011

My Boy is 18 Months Old!

How did that happen?!  How did a year and a half go by so darn quickly!?

I think it's because every day my life is filled with the most charismatic, fun-loving, goofy, social little boy!  He keeps me on my toes, has me laughing, and makes me appreciate the little things in life.  I am blessed, fortunate, and so very grateful that Moose was sent to ME!!

At 18 months, Jackson is a little boy!

- He attempts to engage people constantly!  He thrives on being social.  I am always amazed at how he attempts to make people laugh, include them, or - more recently - be affectionate with them -
- His vocabulary amazes me!  He has the basics...Dada, Mama, Papa, Hi, etc.  Lately he is picking up words more and more.  Car is his favorite.  Cold and Hot are popular too!  Lately it's been clothing like 'Socks'.  It's pretty amazing watching him pick up on new things!  I love listening to him practice his words in the car or in bed at night! -
- His imagination is developing and I love it!  He puts bowls on is head as hats, he gets on his hands and knees and rolls cars around making car noises.  He growls and roars when he sees monsters or dinosaurs!  He finds creative ways to play hockey...the other day he was using a candy cane prop as a hockey stick! -
- He is very routine in his day!  Predictable to the minute almost.  He naps once a day in the afternoon for 2 1/2 - 3 hrs and sleeps basically from 8-8 at night.  We are very blessed that he is so structured and try very hard to provide him with predictability! -
- He loves to be outside.  The cold has not bothered him at all yet. -
- He is very good at sharing and at helping.  He will constantly run things back and forth to people and if he sees Kia's bone or toy, he will pick it up and take it straight to her.  It melts my heart. -
- He is still not overly into watching TV much at all.  We watch a bit of cartoons in the morning before we go down for breakfast, but other than that - he'd rather be playing and reading! -
- Books are huge!  He loves his books.  He brings us books and backs his butt up to sit on your lap to listen to a story! -
- He still LOVES his music.  He will stop once in a while when he finds a good beat and do a little dance for us. -

I'm sure there's more!  But, I really could just keep going and going!  He amazes me every day!

For his 18 month photos...I did a little mini shoot!  He got a new, custom Oilers jersey and it's a very special one!  I had this epiphany one day that Messier's nickname was Moose too...so I got number 11 to honor him and Moose is written along the back.  It's so darn cute on him!

Checkin' out his stick!
Can't you just see this as his 'player photo' at the beginning of an Oilers game during their introductions!?  My favorite photo from this shoot by FAR!
 He shoots - He scores!!  A celebration - not only for the goal but for Moose turning 18 months and for us being so darn lucky that he's in OUR lives!

3 comments:

  1. Happy one and a half years old Jackson. Daddy is so proud of you every day. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG, I LOVE every single one!! Ok so forget the enlargement, I'll have to do a collage!!!
    Lots of Love to you Mr Moose!!

    Love Auntie Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally I agree with Nicole. I love every one of those photos! I love the new backdrop and all of his expressions. He is so cute in that jersey!! His outfit and expressions fit perfectly into the setting of the photos! LOVE THEM!!! What a sweetheart. He really is a "little boy" now and not a baby anymore.....happy and sad...

    Mel

    ReplyDelete