Sunday, November 14, 2010

Homemade Craziness!

  We did it!  Last night we bulk made baby food! It was a bit of a crazy experience, but we toughed it out and had fun along the way.  We had two teething babies, a cut finger, lots of food, and a constant mess to keep clean!  We didn't quite finish ALL of what we had in mind, but pretty darn close!

Butternut Squash!  Apparently this can be mixed with almost everything!  We found the last two in the store!
I really had NO idea what it was or how to cut/prep it - so I watched a You Tube video!
It showed me how to cut, seed, and peel one!  So I was set!  It's funny to me that he will already be eating food I have never had!  But, it's so worth it to give him the healthy start!  And I get to learn and taste a few things along the way!
Our garborator got a work out!  I'm sure Trevor is very sad he couldn't be on garborator duty!!
The other members of my team!  Aidan, June, and Caitlin!  All troopers!
Butternut Squash, Parsnips (another veggie I've never had!), and Carrots!
Aidan spent most of his time watching his mommy work away from her belly!
The parsnips were A LOT like carrots.  Apparently root veggies are the best ones to start babies on!
Jackson was THRILLED to Jolly Jump downstairs!
Getting ready to puree the Butternut Squash!  Our little blender was AMAZING and was VERY hot by the end of the night!
Ready to be frozen!
The kitchen was BUZZING!
This one makes me cringe at the thought of it being 'digested'!  It's spinach...
Pears, but and peeled and waiting for apples!

This is an apple and pear puree with cinnamon!  It smelled delicious!  Trevor will be feeding this on a scoop by scoop basis - one scoop for Jackson, one scoop for him!!

By the end of the night we had made batches of:  Butternut Squash, Carrots, Zucchini, Peas, Parsnips, Sweet Potatoes, Apples/Pears, and Spinach.  I didn't get to the corn - but getting all but one done was amazing!

We were pretty lucky.  Our night consisted of a few challenges, and we were able to keep on truckin!  Caitlin cut her finger open doing the sweet potatoes, Aidan and Jackson are both teething, we only partially knew what we were doing, we bit off more than we could chew, and the pizza delivery guy was a dough-head!

I'm so proud of my bug.  He went down at 7:30 for a 'nap' but apparently was ready to sleep  for the night!  So, Caitlin and I finished at about 10:30 - and I made the decision to wake, feed, and bath him.  I'm glad I did!  He woke up happy, ate a full bottle, had some smiles, and went back down with no problem.  The best part? He slept right until 8 AM!!!!   Can you say Yippee!!!  I think we both needed the rest!  Yesterday was a busy day!

Today we have to pop our our servings and Ziplock them for longer freezing life!  I can handle that!  Pop, Label, Zip, Freeze!


 **GO TEAM GO**

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great job girls! Can't wait to see how the little guys do with the new flavors and combinations.

    ReplyDelete