Monday, February 6, 2012

As Promised...

As promised - here are some quick updated photos I ran down and took tonight!  

This area is awesome!  We can't wait to spend time down here!  Setting up the pack and play really made it feel real that Baby S is here soon!  It was also good for Moose!  He immediately went up to it after his nap and said 'Baby' and then put a toy in there!  He also turns on the music!  So very cute!  Trev ordered the TV and we will be on the look out for an entertainment stand.  It's all coming together.
This area is glorious!  I LOVE it.  Moose LOVES it!  Tonight we were running around playing soccer with a ball.  How great is that?!  So...soon, the toy shelf you see on the left will be just to the left of where the extra flooring boxes are.  Then in that corner, there will be a tent as you see below (have to order it from states and have parents bring it back in March!) and an art easel!  Eventually we will get a table set for the boys to play at!  Can't wait to see it all come together.
I fell in love with this before we even decided to do the basement!  I think Moose will love reading in it and I can't wait to see the boys play in it together...when they get older!  So cute and fun!  Don't you love the lights along the top?!
 Above, you see the studio.

Below you see the two rooms that we haven't touched much yet...the office/craft room and the bathroom!


 And Now...Moose's room!

I found this shelf totally unexpectedly at Benjamin Moore...I knew it was what we were looking for (and trust me, we looked EVERYWHERE...I would have never guessed Benjamin Moore!).

Then...

Now :)  I wanted it hanging low for Moose to grab books from the shelves.  We are still waiting for his personalized bean bag chair to arrive and I can't wait for it to complete this corner!  He will love sitting here to read!

Toy shelf...bed...Ginger!  We are just waiting for his stinkin' dresser to come in!  PLEASE OH PLEASE CALL SOON!!  It will go at an angle in the left corner there that you can't really see!
 More and More Jackson has been coming into his room to play!  I love it!  He helped move a lot of his books over...he knows Ginger is in there waiting to watch over him.  I hope this transition goes well!  The other day, we finally attempted his magnet set on his magnetic wall...and it was a success!  I was and am soooo excited!  The set is from Melissa and Doug...so now I'm on the prowl for magnet sets - which are super hard to find!  Their website have some great ones (cars, numbers, alphabets, chore chart!) I may just cave and order off of there instead of going through the trouble calling and going to every store in Edmonton!  Jackson really likes taking them out and putting them on his wall...and he's realy good at putting them away too! 

Seriously, how fun is this?!  Oh the possibilities!  And it cleans up and just looks like part of the paint design!  LOVE!
I'm really proud of how Jackson's room is coming together.  To think that a month ago I had NO IDEA what I wanted to do, seeing it now come together really makes me happy.  It was just one small idea that I ran with!  I hope he loves it in here as much as I have loved putting it together for him :)

8 comments:

  1. I've seen Melissa and Doug magnet sets at Michaels, Scholars choice, and Education Station. If Education Station or Scholars Choice don't have them in stock you can order from their websites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaels?! Really! I've phoned Scholars Choice and Chapters/Indigo and gone to Toys R Us! Will try Michaels and Education Station though :) Thanks...to whoever wrote this?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the basement and Jackson's room. They look great!!!

    Miss you

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING!!! It is really coming together and looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all! Please come over a design bedrooms for us? pretty please? Really love the magnet wall :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lined those magnets up like that, right Kristy?!?!
    It all looks fabulous...especially the book organization ;) Kidding, you did an amazing job; a great room Jackson can grow into!! He is a super lucky boy to have a mama and dada to do all that for him :)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Everyone :) Yes, Nicole, I did line up the magnets! And yes, you did a wonderfully fabulous job of organizing his books on the shelf! June, I'd love to help - - - when things settle here...that's going to happen soon, right? RIGHT?! Thanks Leanne! Looking forward to seeing you Saturday! Chantal, can't wait to see the boys and you tomorrow bright and early :)

    ReplyDelete