Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hodge Podge

Today was just another day of laundry, grocery shopping, playing, cooking, and a little bit of Greys!  It may sound mundane and boring - but in the end it was alright!   It's always more fun when you have someone to share the load with!  I had Caitlin and Jackson!  We made Jackson a new dish to enjoy...I felt like I had been slacking on the whole 'introducing new foods' - so the center of my grocery trip was him!  We made a puree with tomatoes, cauliflower, cheese, carrots, and basil.  It may sound gross - but it was actually very tasty!  AND - I learned something along the way!  I learned how to peel a tomato!


 The cook off!
 It may sound crazy and I may look like a dummy - but I had no idea how to peel a tomato!  Apparently, you put it in boiling water for 30 seconds, then dunk it in cold.  The skin just breaks open and peels right away!  It was super cool - I may just look for reasons to peel tomatoes now!

Post-meal smile!



Well, other than that boringness, we are fighting off colds in this house.  I got it and then Jackson, unfortunately, got it as well.  I hate watching him be sick - it breaks my heart and I feel so guilty like I gave it to him and can't help him.  He had a couple episodes of being sick today - but his appetite and energy is all the same!  My cough lasted only a day - and I'm hoping he will be over it tomorrow as well!  Here's to crossing our fingers!
I hope none of you are snowed in!  I cannot believe how much snow we have had! My (rock star) neighbor shoveled our snow for us!  I am on the fence about whether I make him fresh homemade bread, or homemade caramel corn!  Opinions welcome!

Enjoy your nights!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like mommy made you another batch of good eats Jackson. You're a pretty lucky boy. Make sure you thank mommy with lots of smiles and kisses.

    ReplyDelete