Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sour Bunch

The past couple days have been tough around here!  We are a sour bunch - Jackson and I.  I started out as having a cold, then he got it, and he's also teething.  I'm not used to seeing him so uncomfortable and upset.  He's been so unlike himself that I even took him into the medicentre today.  He has a viral chest infection and I was told to just keep doing what I'm doing and tough it out.  Tough is the key word.  It has been a hard couple days and even harder nights.  

In any case, it's part of the deal - and this too shall pass.  I just wish it was passing while Trevor was home - because it's wearing me thin!

Yesterday I gave him a frozen peach slice to chew on - and it kept him somewhat content for about 10 minutes...which was bliss!


 He then got more interested in giving it to the dog - so I took it away and he resorted back to his finger!


 ...Which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't shove it so far back there that he gags.  I have been thrown up on so many times in the past two days - I don't even bother worrying about what I should be wearing.  Poor bug.  Between the cold and the couple teeth he's trying to cut - he just doesn't know what to do with himself.  Here's to hoping the cold starts to get better and these pesky teeth break through!

A special thanks to June and Becky!  You guys are rock stars in your own right and I am so thankful for you guys being part of our day!

1 comment:

  1. How can I resist when he is so darn cute? Hope you all get some sleep tonight!!

    ReplyDelete