Monday, June 21, 2010

Shivers all over again!

So today I found a photo memory card in the camera case and uploaded it to the computer.  It took me on a trip down memory lane...and although most of the memories were good, the below was something I could have lived with not remembering!

Anyone who knows me knows that creepy crawlies are NOT my favorite thing.  It only takes a little black spider to send me screaming for assistance!  Now, knowing this, you could imagine my reaction when I came face to face with the below creature.  Now, this creature decided to set up camp outside my back door two summers ago.  I have never seen something so ugly and big and creepy in Edmonton that I can remember when it comes to our friends the spiders...so meeting this bugger, really sent my heart into a panic (I assure you, the pictures don't do her justice!).  Now, this little friend and I had many encounters, mostly involving me with a shovel in my hand swatting, screaming, and running.  Each time, thinking I walked away victoriously, I would come home the next day to find the web recreated with my nemesis perched in the middle.  The score sat at Spider 2, Kristy 0.  I couldn't muster up enough courage to attempt another round, so I called in backup!  Ryan, our friend and at the time neighbor, came over with a shovel...thinking I was being somewhat over-reactive...until he saw the creature for himself.  He 'took care of business' and changed the final score to Kristy 1, Spider 0 (with a few less screams and running - but I assure you there was some squirming!)!

I hope that I don't have a reintroduction to anything like her anytime soon!  I totally forgot about the whole experience until the pictures brought me right back to the icky feeling.  They actually sent shivers down my spine.  I remember being so worried about it finding a way into the house or having an encounter with Kia.  If I didn't say it enough at the time, thanks again Ryan!






Not sure if you can see the web here, but it was HUGE...and she rebuilt it every time I knocked it down.  
Her body was fat too...so scared she was gonna reproduce a whole bunch of big monster spider babies!

My water tap was down here too, and needless to say - nothing got watered for a while as I was NOT going to stick my hand down there!

Ah memories!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment