Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Due Date Baby Boy Jackson!


Today is the day our sweet baby boy was SUPPOSED to be born!  He has actually been with us now for just two days shy of four weeks already!  I am amazed at how long ago that feels - but then again at how quickly time is flying and how it just feels like it was yesterday!  

It's almost scary...people always used to say - 'just wait until you have children, then time really flies' - and I would wonder to myself how much more could time fly than this - - - in the last four weeks, I have really witnessed this first hand!  I see babies that are three or four months old and wonder to myself how they grow that quickly from where we are today.  Then I get sad and understand why people want more and more and more babies!  

I want to hold on to every moment...every time his hand curls around my finger...every time he snuggles into my neck...each sleeping noise he makes...his tiny toes and nose and ears.  Every part of him I want to freeze and put in a frame. I make an effort every day to be present to witness the miracle that he is.  So many people who have these three or four month olds will say to me that they don't even remember their babies that small!  If this is the case, I want to hang onto every moment we have been blessed with!

We were listening to some music today when this song came on that made me tear up and cry as I have been reflecting a lot on having Jackson in our lives!  Being that it is his due date today - Trevor and I have been talking about how our lives have changed and how blessed and lucky we are.  I thought I would share it with you all.  I hope on some level it makes you feel this same way about someone who has entered your hearts!  

No comments:

Post a Comment