Saturday, February 5, 2011

Wild Thing...

...You make my heart sing!

Jackson has changed so much in the past two days!  He now sits on his bum, moves from his bum to belly, flips around, moves from his belly back to his bum and has started to try to pull himself up on us and furniture (I can see the crib needing to be lowered in the near future!).  He has pulled himself up on his toys a couple times...he is funny...he laughs at himself, at us, at the dog!  His babbling has changed too.  It is not just squeals or monster noises...it's more sounds and babbles!  Anyways...today we were playing with some of his toys...

All in a couple of days work!

And then he pulled his one sock off and I snatched the other!  Auntie thought it would be funny to wear them as ears - and so did Jackson!!!




Then he was trying to climb on me while I was taking his photo!  He was being a monster, but I caught a couple shots of his teeth!  Three by the way...three teeth!



We had Jackson weighed yesterday and he gained over 2 lbs in two weeks!  Which is a lot, so he is clearly going through a growth spurt!  He weighed in at 24 lbs, 5 oz.  He also grew an inch in height in that time frame.  Surprisinly, Jackson has been struggling with his solids lately - not a huge appetite for them.  I am going to wait it out - as clearly he is still gaining and developing!  I think it is due to a combination of everything!  Teething, growth spurt, cognitive growth!  I've been reading and from what I can see, it's not all that uncommon.  Hopefully he rebounds soon and gets back to his old eating, sleeping through the night self!

3 comments:

  1. You're a pretty crazy monster. Sure got funny looking ears. hahaha

    Miss my family. XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayden and Chantel were sick, so she brought him to the clinic to see about medicine, while there they weighed him and he tips the scales at 25lbs. I'd say Jackson is about 2 more teeth away from catching Hayden in weight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! love the sock ears :o) Isn't it cute/scary when they start pulling themselves up/on to things!? Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete