Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Month of LOVE!




 VS.

 Okay - so this post is total proof that I have NO self-control!  I was testing out the new (but probably going back to the store) backdrop-thing that we got and testing out some Valentine's Day photos - you know, for the crafty project I have yet to figure out how to do for Valentine's Day!!!  Anywhos...I couldn't not post these.  I couldn't wait two weeks to share with all of you!  So, instead, I am letting you indulge in some photos.  After all - isn't February the month of Love?!  I'm just kicking it off then!  I am next to positive that I will be doing another Valentine's Day shoot with moose, and I vow to only share those on February 14th!  

Now, let's talk wood.  These slabs I got are not what I was hoping for - so I was fairly confident they should go back...but then when I was fiddling around with some editing techniques and I antiqued the photos...the wood looked much better - in my opinion (as illustrated in the comparison of the last photo).  I kind of LOVE the antiquing technique - not only for the wood, but for the overall look!  I love the way his jeans and shirt look when antiqued in these photos!  It gives it a whole new feeling!  Anyways...like I said - probably going back - but if anyone thinks they should stay and live in my basement, let me know!  I like input!

4 comments:

  1. I think it ALL looks great!!! Keep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get what you mean about it being better with the antiquing... I love that look!! Not so much without that technique though. I think it would be worth keeping because it looks fantastic antiqued (haha) and there will be some people who like that look even without it. Up to you though...

    Jackson, will you be MY VALENTINE???

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos! The prop (ratan heart??) in the first one is awesome! I love that he is eating it!

    I say keep the backdrop. I know that you will soon have too much stuff stored in your basement but what if you show a future client these photos and then they want to use it??

    Mel

    ReplyDelete