Monday, March 7, 2011

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Jackson loves the washer and dryer.  He loves the noises and the round-and-round spinning!
I love that he is looking at me in this picture in the mirrored part of the dryer!
I'm not sure why he always seems to find the vents.
So today is Monday.  Ah, Monday.  You started off so promising...until I got out of bed!

So before 8:30 this morning I knew what kind of day I was in for!  First I woke to the sweet sound of Moose chatting away.  I usually let him do this for around 5 - 10 minutes so he can fully wake up...taking him out prior to fully being awake never ends in a great mood!  So I did just that.  I was met with a smile as I opened his door.  The smile was accompanied by a lovely smell of poop.  I was prepared for that...I've never seen such a regular child...every morning 6:45 - it's poop time.  I pick him up - give him a morning cuddle...only to find that now, I'm covered in poop.  Perfect.  A poop-splosion to start the day!  Worse things have happened so we all got cleaned up...

Next I left him in his room on the floor in his diaper as I went to wash my hands before dressing him in some jammies.  This is nothing new...we frequently leave him on the floor in his room to play around.  Then I hear...SLAM.  I turn around - and Jackson had shut his door.  Me on one side, him on the other. Okay, not to worry...I will just open the door, dress him, and we can be on with the day.  Only, I can't open the door - because a tiny little human has his butt placed right behind it.  His unclothed butt too - which means I can't slide him with the door, because the thought of his bare skin sliding on the laminate hardwood made my skin crawl.  So I did what any reasonably sane mother would do.  I tried to reason with him.  

"Jackson honey, can you move away from the door" I say to my 9 month old infant who has no idea what I want, nor would he probably care!  
"I don't want you to get hurt, baby..."  I continue.  With little results.  
"Jackson, please...can you move away from the door".

Nothing. 

So I left him.  I came back five minutes later, which felt like half an hour!  He must have moved about five inches, because I was able to open the door a crack - and then all of a sudden - the door crack grows bigger and out crawls Moose.  Loudly, quickly, and laughing.  Okay - problem solved.  No harm no foul!  

Next I go downstairs to make some breakfast.  He's exploring around...staying reasonably out of trouble.  I come out of our pantry and following me there is a huge BANG.  I didn't want to turn around...nothing that sounds that loud could be good.  So, I braced myself, turned around, and saw that my big plastic flour container had fallen off the shelf and exploded on the floor.  Flour everywhere!  Walls - check.  Garbage Cans - Check.  Floor - Check.  Casing & Door - Check.  No words that came to mind are words that my parents would be very fond of me typing...so you can fill in the blanks yourself.  I go to get the vacuum...checking around first to see that there are no trouble makers within close proximity to the danger zone.  I'm good - so I go to the next room over, grab the vacuum and come right back to find the dog and the Moose in the flour.  Perfect.  I totally underestimated his new found speed and trouble-radar.

We are on our third set of pajamas today.  Laundry is underway...house is now vacuumed...and I'm wondering - is it bad that I'm looking forward to nap time?!

I think I'm going back into bed and crawl out on the other side this time - maybe that will bring better luck!

Enjoy your Mondays everyone...I hope they are less messy than ours!

3 comments:

  1. What a busy morning! Jackson keeps you on your toes! Good thing they are all painted pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok sorry you had a horrible Monday to start but you just made my day...I laughed so hard esp with you trying to get Jackson to move from the door...lol Hope tomorrow is better for you girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the horrible morning babe. It's always easier when there is two of us especially when mornings like this happen.

    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete