Monday, March 21, 2011

10 MONTHS OLD!

Today Jackson is 10 Months Old!  Where is time going?!  Next month he will be 11 months old - and then I will blink and he will be a 1-year-old boy!  Oh Jackson, how much I love you!
Today we went to the park where I wanted to take photos of him on the swings...but two things prevented this...the first is there was TOO much snow preventing us from getting to the park, and the other is that well, there were no swings!!!  Oops!  Instead we just took pictures in the snow - and I realized that it was the first time Jackson has been in the snow.  We've obviously been in and out from places while it was snowing - but never has he BEEN outside to enjoy the snow while it was snowing - and man, oh man was that a treat!  He smiled and giggled the whole time.  He stuck his tongue out to taste the snow flake...he smiled...the whole time.  The wonderment amazed me.  
I LOVE these photos.  I love that he was SO happy sitting while the snow tickled his face.  It was magic!

A favorite!
Tastes SO good!
Priceless!
I love this photo because even though it's not head on you can see his HUGE smile!

At 10 Months Jackson is...
-  Playing with his tongue...all the time.  Sticking it out, wiggling it around!
-  Loves getting into trouble!  Everything is fair game.
- Chewing his crib :(
- Has four very big chompers!
-  Shakes his head NO!
- Loves to make music.
- Waves sometimes...but the wave still faces himself!
- Pulls himself up on EVERYTHING
- Cruises around - quickly and with purpose!
- LOVES his bath and does butt drops in it now - which he finds hilarious!
- Is sleeping from 8:30 - 7 (after a long growth-spurt stretch).
- Loves to chase balls, or anything else that slides away from him.
- Wakes up and reads a story in bed for a bit before we come get him!
- Had his first diaper rash, that is now gone (phew)!
- Eats three meals a day and three bottles.  Snacks in between.
- Usually, he eats what we eat!
- Loves music...and has started patting his lap or clapping.
- Loves to be sung to...always a huge smile!
- LOVES his puppy.  She is magic to him!
- Crawls to you and reaches up when he wants up and some cuddles!
- Loves horsey rides on your knee...and if you stop, he'll remind you to keep going!
- Laughs at things with purpose!
- Has the biggest blue eyes...people ask me how his eyes are so blue and I am always stumped at what to say...until Caitlin told me to start telling them I put drops in them!  Perfect answer!
- Knows his 'people'.
- Is a creature of routine and habit.
- Still incredibly easygoing.  Happy.  Laughing.  Most of the time.
- Favorite food hands down is yogurt. 
- Every time he sees daddy on the cell phone during Facetime...he SMILES.

I am sure I am missing some - but all in all - this little baby is turning into a little boy right before my eyes.  Every time something new happens, I think this is my favorite stage...but sometimes my heart misses the baby cuddles.  

Jackson, we love you so much and are so lucky that everytime the 21st comes around...we celebrate you in our hearts!  Keep your smile glowing, it lights up the room!

Love Mommy, Daddy & Kia
xoxox

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the shoot. The photos are great!!! Sad I missed out on this experience for him. Like you said where has the time gone?!?!?!

    Love you Jackson. Happy 10 months old!

    3 More sleeps family!!!!!!!!

    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is gorgeous! Such beautiful blue eyes - you have a future model on your hands :) It was nice to visit and play with you today!

    Leanne & Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG he is too cute for words!!!! These pictures are amazing and so are you. As you said Jackson hasn't been in the snow I too realized that neither has Cameron....lol

    ReplyDelete