Thursday, January 19, 2012

Moose's New Room!

Because the basement work, mess, and stress hasn't been enough - we thought we'd tackle Moose's room while Trev was home.  Okay, I'll correct that...I THOUGHT we should tackle Moose's room!  I have been so stressed about not being prepared for baby that it was causing me to have a lot of dreams about baby being born and us having no where to put him!  We decided that Jackson would get a new room and Baby would have the nursery.  A few reasons for this...Jackson's new room is further away from ours making the baby closer to us, we didn't really want to decorate two new rooms and I just feel like it's a good transition and time to give Jackson that's more him or playful or kid friendly!  I also really wanted to get it done so that he could start living in it for weeks before baby arrives so he really feels it's his and not that we just kicked him out of his room.  We bought another crib/transition bed as Jackson is no where near ready to be out of his crib!  We bought a different but matching dresser as well, so all the furniture will match should we ever go to combine rooms or sell the set!  Phew...enough writing...get on with it, right?!

Okay, so I had NO IDEA what I wanted to do, but I wanted it to be cool, playful, different, but still match the rest of the house!  I think it crossed our minds several times that we bit off more than we could chew - being the rookie decorators we are!  In fact, I think Trev may have said at one point..."if I knew this is what you had in mind for this week..." and then he trailed off...I was able to fill in the blank!  I think he's happy we pushed through it now though because we both LOVE it!  LOVE IT!

Picture overload will commence now...

Before (Well...not exactly...a true depiction of before would have been a room FULL of all my photo studio stuff, props, and a queen size bed and two end tables!  There was a lot of swearing involved in cleaning out this room and my mom and dad would be proud that it wasn't from me!)
Our Handy Helper...and I mean that literally - he was awesome at being involved but not too involved!  He loves tools and being 'helpful'!
I can promise you that the drawing and taping of the lines is what did us in.  It was by far the most work!
The bottom stripe has three coats of magnetic primer on it!  It's super fun!  And, it works!  I am on the prowl for cool magnet sets for Moose!
The next morning he was more ready to get started than either of us...
Coming home to finding Moose in this shirt gave me a lump in my throat!  I've been waiting A LONG time for him to fit in this shirt.  Every year my parents donate to the Stollery and have shirts made for all their workers to wear on a special day.  It means a lot to me.  Moose was only in the Stollery for a short time and for something so minor, but they treated us like gold and are an amazing resource.  We are blessed and so fortunate.  I was so proud to see him wearing his bear!  One day he will understand how important it is!  I had to Facetime Nana and Papa in California so they could see it for themselves :)
We really had to pay attention at what we were doing because all the lines and tape could start to look really confusing when you're staring at it for that long!
This was the 'stainless steel' paint!  It actually has stainless steel in it!  Super cool.  It's typically bought for refurnishing appliances, etc...but Trev convinced me to give it a go - so I thought 'why not'!?  And it worked!

Living with the clutter and the craziness and the dust and the dog hair and the lack of organization is proving to take a toll on me...but there IS AN END IN SIGHT!

 And when we saw this finally after four days of work - it was ALL WORTH IT!  It looks awesome.  Yes, we still have touch ups to do - but I'm so happy and proud!


 Then this morning we set up the bed so that it could 'air out' and Moose could potentially start living in here in a couple weeks.  Last time, his crib was really smelly, but not so much this time...oh well, we got it up anyways! He gets the new one so that both cribs aren't chewed! 

Giving me a wink of reassurance...I needed it!
 Now we put this finishing touches in here and wait for his dresser to arrive!

Thank You Trevor for the late nights, sore backs, and hard work :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks great!! Thanks for the great idea and helping. I'm sure moose will love it!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I had no idea! What I wouldn't give for some creative vision like that! It looks fabulous and so grown up :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Looks awesome!!! Good job guys!

    ReplyDelete