Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I wanna be...

...just like Taylor Hall!

Before...


After...


Doesn't it break your heart a little?!  I can assure you I get sick to my stomach every time I see Moosey's eye.  So here's what happened...

This weekend was a nut show!  We had a very busy weekend between photoshoots and working on the house that we were excitedly awaiting our 3D ultrasound Sunday night to meet Baby S.  Well...nothing ever really does go as planned, does it?!  Sunday night arrived.  We were all dressed and ready!  We were just about to go downstairs.  Moose was in his room with both his Aunties.  I was washing my hands in the bathroom because they were covered in hair goop.  Now, Jackson spends tonnes of time with his Aunties...and really, they were in his room, what could go wrong?!  Well, I hear crying...and then I hear CRYING...the type of crying that I know something went very wrong.  And Wrong it did go.  

 Apparently, he went to walk towards Auntie Nicole and flukishly tripped on his carpet in his room, fell about a foot forward and his face hit the wooden part of his rocking chair.  Of course not the cushion...that would be too easy...the wooden part.  I hear them call my name, and I am frantically washing and wiping.  When I saw the immediate reaction his face had to his fall, I was almost sick and completely panicked. I was angry and confused.  I was scared.  

Anywhos...Trev and I calmed Moose down (and ourselves), called Health Link, spent 30 minutes assessing the situation, and by the end of it all Moose was back to playing with his toys and watching boys play hockey outside.  The swelling had decreased SIGNIFICANTLY.  We were told what to watch for in the next six hours.  And we did...like hawks.  

Evidently, his face hurts us way more than it hurts him because he isn't phased by it at all.  Each morning I wake up praying that it's going to be gone...or at least a bit better...but it only seems to be getting worse.  I realistically know that is how bruises work, but think somehow it should make an exception!  I don't want to take him out - afraid of what people will think or say!  Surely anyone who has a toddler knows that accidents are bound to happen...but nonetheless, I feel like a total failure as a mother.  How could I not have protected him from this?  How could it be this bad?  He's so daring and something like this is what gives him his first biggest battle scar?!  BREAKS. MY. HEART.

Needless to say, we DID NOT go to our ultrasound and Moose got tonnes of attention and cuddles that night.  And maybe still... ;)

Here are some other shots of the damage...

These photos were taken about 30 minutes after all was calmed down and we were off the phone with Health Link, so about 2 hours post incident...

 And then the next morning, it looked like this...

The swelling went down, but the bruising got so much worse :(
 I've yet to get a shot of it today, but he definitely has a black eye.  Trevor tells people it's a hockey injury!  I am told with another boy on the way...I best be getting used to things like this, but the truth is, I don't think my heart will EVER get used to this.  The guilt I have is unreal!  Each day is a new day - and each day will bring some healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment