Sunday, July 10, 2011

Go Esks Go!

Well, the time was bound to come when Jackson attended his first Eskimos game - and last night was that time!  I was so worried that it wasn't going to go very well because he is such a busy body now and likes to climb and walk and crawl and be adventurous!  However, I was VERY surprised and RELIEVED at how well he did.  Really, I don't even have one complaint or wish that anything had gone any different than it had!  We got to the game and it wasn't raining, so we were able to walk to the stadium and stay dry!  I actually took Jackson in the Baby Hawk carrier because I thought he'd fall asleep on the way there.  It didn't happen, but he was super snuggly and comfy in there (and he looked like such a lil baby again!) and I had my hands free to carry drinks - plus it provides way more back support than just carrying him!  
 
Then in our seats, it began to rain!  And by rain, I mean pour!  We were covered by the ledge, however, there was this little leak thing that just happened to be over three of our seats!  So Nicole, Caitlin, Jackson, and I moved back a few rows (with the offerings and help of some sweet, ol' Eskimo fans!).  We stayed dry and made new friends (and one enemy!  Hissss!).

Jackson wasn't a squirm bucket at all, minus about 5 minutes during half time when he wanted to dance and bounce around.  Other than that...he sat pretty darn calmly.  Ate awesomely (half a frigging hot dog, fruit, and a cheese string!).  Then the fourth quarter rolled around and he fell asleep while I was bouncing my knee a bit...so I flipped him over and took advantage of the best snuggles ever!

Thanks for the game Dad!
 
Here's some photos!  We squeezed him in this shirt my brother got him last year!  It was very 'slimming' on him!  I bought him a new shirt at the game...so I'll have to try that one on him!  He was so cute walking towards me!

 Then we practiced our cheering!!!...

 Then we were off!

On our way to the game!

 At the game!!


My favorite part of the game! ;)


And on the way home :)


So many people interacted with him - I've had two people ask me to rent him out - lol!  That would cost big bucks ;)  And surprisingly, the men behind us loved his toque and even took photos!  Strange but funny!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your first game mister!!

    7 more sleeps family and daddy is home!

    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete