Friday, July 15, 2011

First Piece of Art!

I've been wanting to do this for a while!  I just couldn't wait any longer!

I know my child, and I know that the chances of him not making a mess or trying to eat the paint were pretty slim - so I made my own paint!  This way it was completely safe and edible.  Maybe not tasty - but totally edible!  

Take 2 cups of flour (any kind) and add cold water to it.  Mix it until you have a fairly smooth paste.  Add boiling water to the mixture until it is smooth (or consistency that you'd like).  We were doing 'finger' painting, so I wanted mine a bit thicker.  Separate and add coloring until you get the colors you want!  Enjoy.

We set it all up and let the Moose loose!  It was priceless and I enjoyed every second!

I blobbed some down to start him out and intrigue him!

 And then we set him free!  The smile says it all!
Back away - the Moose is on the Loose!

This was hands down my favorite part!  He painted himself before anything else!  It was soooo friggin' cute!  I love this pic!
Ah the drool!
Mess!!!
It became more of 'foot' painting vs 'finger' painting!
And 'bum' painting!
Yum Yum Yum!
Thank Goodness for edible paint!
All done! (Notice the paint in his hair?!)
 Time to clean up!  First the baby - then the house!
This is how we made our trip to the bath!
 I can't wait to do more crafts with him!

I really wasn't sure what to do with this art project because I wanted certain special people to have a piece of his first masterpiece!  My solution was to get a great big poster board.  This way, I can now cut it up into different sizes and frame them for those special people in our lives (including ourselves obviously!)!  I thought this was a fantastic idea if I do say so myself!

1 comment:

  1. I wanna frame his belly and feet! Apart from the smiles those are my favs. Can't wait to see the masterpiece in person!! Good job moose. Thank you mommy for doing this craft. I'm sure everybody will enjoy their own piece of it!

    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete