Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Introducing Baby Measels aka Roseola

So after a trip to the pharmacist, medication, a day of worry, a call to Health Link back in Alberta, and some serious research...it is highly likely that Jackson has...Roseola.  Yup, we are sitting in sunny California with Baby Measels (we are pretty sure!).  We will likely know if the rash disappears in the next day or so - we will be back to full speed (as if he ever slowed down!).  Jackson has been handling it really well - and we are more relaxed knowing there's basically nothing to do and that the worst part is actually over.  Apparently, the worst is the fever which breaks right before the rash presents itself...and we had actually been treating the fever not knowing we were because he was on Tylenol/Advil for the teething!  Sigh.  Anywhos...Disneyland was supposed to be tomorrow - but we are hoping Friday is a brand new day.  Cross your fingers for us - as this vacation hasn't started out as much of a vacation - and I'm looking forward to that turning around!  

These pictures don't do it justice...it was hard to get with the lighting, etc...but you get the idea!

 My poor baby.  If only he could talk and tell me what's up - or I could take it away from him.

6 comments:

  1. he's such a trooper he'll get over this in no time!!! hope the rest of your holiday gets better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor babe! Not such a fun start, I'm sure it'll get better! Give Jackson a kiss for me :)

    Love Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww what a rough start!! I hope it gets better and you still get to go to Disney Land! That will make him feel better ;)

    <3 Auntie Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh that sucks for everyone, I do hope that he is getting better. How does a little one catch such a thing?

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog via google when I was looking up roseola. My 10 month old has the same thing right now :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erika. Sorry about your 10 month old. It is scary to look at but passes really quickly :) I wish you a speedy recovery and lots of extra cuddles :)

    ReplyDelete