Saturday, April 3, 2010

Boys and their TOYS!

So, last week Trevor went to Costco and found a new toy...at first I was a HUGE skeptic and not sure it was something that we needed to do right now...but thought, he rarely gets excited about things - and he's been talking about it for a while, so I thought okay...let's give it a go!!

We bought a Roomba from Costco...and so far, seriously, it has been the best $240 we've spent in a LONG time!  Keep in mind we have a large white dog - who sheds "Kia Love" all over the house!  Now, we realize that it doesn't replace doing a good vacuum once or twice a week, but I can't tell you how nice it is to wake up and have no hair flying around!  Our little Roomba does under the furniture, transfers from carpet to hardwood, and finds its way back to its dock when it needs to recharge itself!  On top of that, it can be programmed to come out any day of the week (or EVERY day of the week) at any time.  For example, downstairs we have it set to come out at 2 am when we are sleeping.  It goes into the nooks and crannies better than we do sometimes!

Anyways...last night, I closed the bedroom doors and let it go nuts on the upstairs level because the carpet was looking very 'well loved' by Kia, and the bonus room was collecting dust puppies in the corners!  Because I was watching a movie in bed and I didn't want it in here, I just closed the door!  I woke up, found it in the baby's room (because the dock was left downstairs)...and miraculously, the floor was SOOOO much cleaner!  If only it did stairs!  He he...for the rest of you skeptics out there (and keep in mind we keep our house pretty darn clean in the first place!), I have enclosed photos from my dumping of the bin this morning!  


Found sleeping in the babies room!


The canister pre-emptying


The garbage post-emptying!


The clean carpet (I'm shocked that it did such a good job on the dark carpet).


One main nook in the bonus room that hair clumps tend to gather...notice it's hair free!?


The main culprit!  Who can resist that face though?!  

Anyways...we are now sold on our Roomba and I have to give one to Trevor for a good find!  I was so skeptical, but it causes us both so much less stress and annoyance with the housework!  It's awesome!  Yay for Costco!  

Enjoy your Saturdays!

2 comments: