Sunday, April 4, 2010

Not a Baker!

Well, it is officially safe to say that I am NOT a good baker!  I mean, really, I can't even get sugar cookies right!  I have never made sugar cookies before, but it really seemed like a little no-brainer recipe!  The Happy Baker has a blog and had posted a recipe for sugar cookies with mini eggs in them...seemed good!  I gave my best attempt...and thought at first that all came out disasterous - however - after I let them cool, they turned out not so bad...but not what I had hoped for either!  Trevor seems to think I should try again, but my baking attempts are officially over for the weekend!  Maybe another time!  


The best part of this process was hammering the eggs!  The one thing I was successful at and enjoyed the most (maybe it's because I got to use my crafting hammer, some level of comfort for me)!




Roll the balls of dough and then flatten them!  So far, so good...I thought!




I'm so very sad that there was a casualty in the process!  My mixer's beater broke and it sucks because I love my hand mixer!  All for not...!


The cookies out of the oven...I tried to lift them and the above left is what happened!  At this point, I walked away because I didn't want to deal with throwing them all out yet!


When I came back they had cooled and were more substantial than crumbly.  Are sugar cookies usually so sensitive?  Maybe they are and I just don't know!  So, I suppose all turned out - just not as easy or as well as I had thought.  I will have to feed them to someone else and get a true opinion!  
The dog doesn't count, she likes everything!

Saddest moment of the day...

I thought that Kia and I had spent the whole day napping on the couch and later in the afternoon we had to get out of the house so I told her I would take her for a car ride.  I took Trevor's truck and thought, why not wash it while I'm out...so that's what we did.  The car wash scared her so much she was trying to hide under the seat - literally!  I felt so horrible, and the face she gave me was so sad - I thought I was doing good, but I'm sure she would have preferred to be at home.  Sorry bug...next time we will stick to the drive only!  

No comments:

Post a Comment