Saturday, April 3, 2010

Prenatal Yoga - Week 1!

Well, today was day 1 of my prenatal yoga class!  I must admit, I was nervous and tired and weighed not going...however, I am so glad I did!  It was great!  I am looking forward to the next 5 weeks...the girls were nice too.  What I didn't expect was 'partner' work on week one.  They really expect you to get close to each other so quick!  There were about 4 partner activities...the last being an amazing massage (I'm telling you, we got close quick!)!  I'm so going to have to teach Trevor the massage!  Then, the last part was laying on our sides and connecting to our babies, while the instructor came around and rubbed lotion into our necks with a mini massage.  It was also fantastic!  Those two activities alone made it worth registering!  

The last comment I have is how shocked I was at the range of gestations in the room.  We had to introduce ourselves and state our week of pregnancy!  I was number three in furthest along - number two was 34 weeks and number one was 36 weeks (good for her!).  However, the first girl to introduce herself was six weeks along!  I was shocked!  Good on her - prenatal yoga was the furthest thing from my mind at six weeks!!  

The poses were great and really focused on opening the hips and stretching our pelvic area and lower back - which I'm sure will be great for delivery!  I'm very glad I signed up and am looking forward to the future weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment