Sunday, August 8, 2010

Project One Tester - COMPLETE!!

Okay, so I couldn't help but be SOOOO excited to try my new sewing machine out on my California Project.  I started by making a tester one!  My dad is always talking about how hot he is when he is outside weeding, so he will be my test rat!!  I can't wait to see how it will work.  By the way, my trip to the fabric store was so exciting!  I can't wait to learn more and go back - it is like Disneyland!  Okay, not quite, but pretty darn exciting!

PROJECT #1




(you can't see but there are four pockets sewn in filled with the below crystals.  The crystals, when soaked, grow into cooling pockets!  I can't wait to make my own and soak it just to see!)






(Look mom, I even used an iron!!  An iron AND a sewing machine in the same project, how could you NOT be proud!!?!!)

Now dear readers, don't all bang down my door at once to get a sweet neck cooler for yourself!  (Although, I would be thrilled at the requests!! he he)  Think of all your outdoor activities (gardening, sports, DRINKING!  Where you'd wish you were just that much cooler!).  I will update on the success of the project and the accomplishment of the ones for California!  SO EXCITING! 



(Oh the things you can do with a sleeping baby!!)
  
Thanks to Little Birdie Secrets Blog for the cool project and the MANY MANY more I can't wait to attempt!  Here's to hoping it all works!

No comments:

Post a Comment