Sunday, August 15, 2010

Do We Really Appreciate This As Much As We Should?...

There is nothing like a trip to the mountains to remind yourself of your place in this big, big world!  Often times when you get caught up in living in the city you begin to think that nothing beyond your own little hectic haven exists - until you take a quick escape and witness the below!...











We live really only a short drive away from this amazing scenery.  We have access to mountains, valleys, trees, wildlife, nature right at our finger tips, yet, we don't nearly see it all as much as we should!  I think the last time I was in Banff was at least 5-10 years ago.  Jasper (which I prefer btw!) we hit up last year, but all in all - we don't take advantage of this experience nearly enough!

On the way back to the hotel from the wedding, Jackson fell asleep in his car seat, so we used this time for Trevor to pull over here and there so I could snap some shots!  On one of my dashes, I ran into three individuals who were marvelling in the beauty around them with their cameras out, their mouths dropped, and their conversations animated with delight (though I couldn't understand them - as they were speaking a different language!).  Curious, I asked them where they were from!  It turns out they had flown here, to our province of Alberta, from Holland!  They were so much fun to talk to in our short time together, as they were telling me that we all had it wrong - people keep flying to Europe, but really we have all the goods right here with us!...Boy aren't they right!

I am looking forward to Jackson getting a bit older so I feel more comfortable camping with him!  I can't wait for him to be able to experience all Alberta has to offer as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment