Sunday, August 8, 2010

New adventures lie ahead!

Well, I've been feeling rather inspired to become a craftier person lately.  This whole idea grew from another lady whose blog I follow!  She has a little one a bit older than Jackson, and her projects are adorable and it got me thinking that maybe I'm capable of more!   Since I've been following her blog, I've been considering venturing out into unchartered craft territory.  I've been convincing myself that there is no way I can learn to sew or any of the other things I've been dreaming about...but my mom is great at sewing and is very good in the craft department - so I thought - maybe it is hiding away undiscovered in my genes somewhere!  Here's to hoping!  My final push happened yesterday morning when I watched the beginning of Julie and Julia.  I haven't seen the whole movie, but can't wait to watch the rest!  Her bold push to conquer Julia Child's cookbook and blog about it and her fearless surge into it gave me my final push to get of the fence and learn, grow, and take chances!!!  

Aren't you all so scared to see what will be hiding under the Christmas tree this year?!

In order to create my own surge...I purchased my very first sewing machine!  I can't tell you how much fun or how much joy it brought me yesterday (that is, after it took me over an hour to figure it all out and thread the darn thing!!)!  

I didn't attempt my first project as I don't have fabric - yet!! - Stay tuned though as I do intend to create one of these mystery projects for Jackson, Trevor, Mom, Dad, and me!!  BEFORE we go to California!  Here's to hoping!  I will keep you posted!  Last night I just practiced stitching with some of the functions my new friend has to offer!  Yes, I definitely have some learning to do!






I had this wonderful white fluff ball as a foot warmer the whole time!  I'm so glad she's so patient!  I wouldn't have hung around that long waiting for a sewing machine to be threaded!!

No comments:

Post a Comment