Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Rainbow Rice

As much as we LOVED our moon sand, it was becoming a big mess and I was really tired of constantly cleaning it up.  Not that this new one will be all that messy, but I won't feel as dedicated to keeping every morsel because rice is readily available...moon sand is hard to find!  And it turns out that this stuff pours way better and he has spent the last hour playing in his Rainbow Rice tray!

It was actually quick and fun to make.  You just need some rice (got big bags on sale at Safeway), food coloring, rubbing alcohol, and a Ziplock!

He enjoyed helping, while he wasn't distracted by Dad's new helicopter.  It is an easy activity to have them help with.  I used four cups of rice, a couple tablespoons of rubbing alcohol, and however much food coloring I needed to make the desired color.  Shake shake.  And let dry (I let it dry overnight).

No comments:

Post a Comment