Thursday, September 27, 2012

Jurassic Forest

Yesterday morning, we looked at the weather forecast, and decided that we were going to pack up and go to Jurassic Forest after naps!  The weather has been so wonderful lately - we'd be fools to not take advantage of it!  Also, I've had a lot of people ask me if I wanted to go - but it was definitely something Trevor wanted to be a part of the first time, so we made sure we did it as a family!  It really was awesome!  Literally, no word of a lie, there were four cars in the parking lot.  FOUR CARS!  We came across one other family - ONCE - and then the rest of the time basically didn't see a soul.  That may have been the best part.  It was like we were the only ones there and we didn't have to share it with anyone.  Before leaving, I somehow had this epiphany that Jackson may want to take a camera along...and that may just have been the best part of the whole trip!  Watching him experience it and wanting to capture it.  It cracked me up and warmed my heart at the same time!  Maybe the apple didn't fall far from the tree??!

Here's some photos from MY perspective.  I will post some of Moose's photos later on!

Taking a picture of me taking a picture of him in the parking lot for fun!
Literally RUNNING to get into the excitement!
The paths alone were worth it - it is SO beautiful there!
I loved these top three photos because to me they are just Jackson being Jackson!
I LOVE this photo! 
Like Father, Like Son - apparently!
This is his 'listening face' It cracks me up!  Often he'll put his hand up to his ear too!
For some reason I love this one too!
 What a fun time!  We went through it fairly quickly because we weren't reading all the posts - but every 2 minutes we would hear "MORE Dinosaurs" from Mr. Moose, which would push us on to find the next one - which was just fine by me!  If you are thinking about going - a weekday evening at this time of year would give you pretty much the whole place to yourself!  That was so worth it!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the FUN time family.

    Can't wait to do it again!!!!!

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Moose is so cute when he takes pictures. I love the one where he is taking a pic and his legs are bent a little like he is trying to get the camera aimed just right...

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! that looks like it is was alot of fun! Definitely a mini you in the making ;)

    ReplyDelete