Friday, September 7, 2012

Painting with a Twist

 I saw this idea once and couldn't wait to try it...and with our busy day - I thought it'd be a good time!  I kinda thought maybe he didn't care much for it, but then it was the FIRST thing he wanted to do after nap time!  I have found Trev and I have been playing with it too!  I like it because it's CLEAN!  And it's something that can stay a while... 

Simple small supplies...paint, ziplocks, tape and optional white paper!
Here is without the white paper...
I thought the white paper made the colors pop more and made things more visible.
One station was plain ol' tractor green paint with some trucks that he could make tread marks through.
One bag was blue paint with some quinoa seeds in it for texture.
Up close...
I set this up so that Trev could study and Moose would be entertained while hanging out with his Dada.
This one I put red and yellow paint in so that he could mix colors and see orange.
I thought this was awesome...it's still sitting on my table and I plan on doing it again.  I also read that adding other substances to it adds some twists too, like shampoo, baby oil, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment