Friday, May 28, 2010

Quick Update

Well, thanks for all those who have been checking in!  The Stollery is a wonderful Hospital, and the nursing staff is unreal.  The experience there so far has far surpassed any of our experiences at the Misericordia over the past week.  Jackson is doing well.  He is still eating and peeing and pooping like a machine - which is good for the jaundice - and because he's doing so good - he didn't need to get an IV (YAY!).  He has also put on weight, which was a nice surprise!  The doctors and nurses are very happy with how he examines and how well he has been doing.  In fact, when Trevor and I got there yesterday, he was missing!  The lights and bed and blankets were there - but not our baby!  We asked - and it turned out one of the nurses 'stole' him for some snuggles at feeding time.  We were told he quickly became the favorite baby on the unit with his blue eyes and snuggly self...we weren't surprised - but we did steal our baby back!!!  What a flirt already!

Yesterday's test showed improvement in the jaundice, but they wanted to keep him one more night.  They will be rechecking his levels this morning - but were pretty confident we could take him home around noon - so we are wishing and hoping.  Last night I stayed at home with Kia and Trevor stayed at the hospital with Jackson.  It sucked all being apart - but we could only have one person stay - and Trevor is far more adaptable to sleeping anywhere - so our decision was to have him there and me here.  My mom will be picking me up shortly to go be with my boys!  I can't wait to see them!

Here is our little glow worm...I LOVE HIM!







Again, thank you all for the support and offers of help.  It's very comforting to know we can reach out when we need to...

2 comments:

  1. so glad to hear everything is improving...he's a tough little man! and really who could resist those cheeks! can't wait to hear that you're all home together!!! love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys, I just wanted to wish Jackson a happy one week birthday! I can't believe it has already been 1 week... you have certainly been through a lot with your little man, but I am soooo happy to hear is is doing better!

    Can't wait to see you three, please let me know when I can come for a visit!

    xoxo
    Chantell♥

    I am sooo happy to see that Jackson is doing better... You have sure been through a lot in the past week!

    ReplyDelete