Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pumpkin Carving Fun

I was absolutely shocked at how into the whole pumpkin carving Jackson and Reece were!  I thought they'd lose interest fairly quickly or be grossed out by the gutting of the pumpkin but that was totally their favorite part!  The only thing missing from the night was Chad.  His plane got delayed significantly, so sadly he wasn't a part of the majority of the festivities as we had initially planned. 

This is the big pumpkin Trev got to carve!  We got a few huge pumpkins this year, but ran outta time.  Isn't that always the case?!  Never enough time!

Amy and Reece worked on a pumkin...and Jackson and I worked on a pumpkin. 

The kids gutted and Amy and I carved. Both used templates for the first time ever.

Jackson and my pumpkin was George!...

 Amy and Reece's pumpkin was Dora!...

I think her pumpkin totally kicked my pumkin's behind - but both turned out well!

 Then Trev got his carve on with the big guy.  It turned out pretty awesome.  We had bought a sensor/light.  When someone walked by it lit up and said spooky things!


The worst ending to this story is none of the pumpkins made it to Halloween night!  Amy's melted in her heated garage because she forgot she had left it on the floor.  Poor Dora!  

Mine and Trev's lived on the porch and the wacky weather caused them to freeze/thaw, etc...and the started to cave.  I was pretty choked at the outcome, but it didn't take away the memories we had of the night!  So much fun!

2 comments:

  1. So much fun and great company!! Too bad Chad missed out on most of the fun. Was nice that he still came for a bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy HUGE pumpkin batman!! I've never used a template.... I should try--looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete