Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Park Adventure

Last night Auntie Caitlin and I decided it would be fun to take the boys to the park.  We grabbed some KFC (Caitlin said that's what she thinks of when she thinks of a picnic!) and went to a park out in Riverbend.  Well...within five minutes I was awfully close to packing the boys up and leaving.  There were five kids there who were older (still in elementary school)...and complete tools.  They were throwing a full can of something and I yelled at them to cut it out as it was bound to either explode or hit someone and there were little kids at the park now too...then they started throwing rocks at each others' heads and swearing.  I was getting more ticked off as I didn't want to let Jackson out there to play...try explaining that to a 2 year old.  THEN - they had a fight.  A real punching/kicking fight...which in the end turned out in our favor as they hurt each other and ended up tailing out of there in opposite directions before 'back up' showed up.  Can you believe that you can't even go to a damn park anymore?!  I was SO ANGRY.  They wouldn't listen to me at all.  They were completely disrespectful.  There were a few soccer games going on around...so within about 15 minutes more kids and parents were showing up and the two sets of kids were gone.  Idiots.

Anywhos...we stuck around and Moose got to play.  He LOVES anything to do with being outside or being adventurous.

Sawyer slept through it all :)

Some fun/funny things I heard out of the mouths of some of the kids around the playgound...

"WOW - Can you run faster than a 6th Grader?!" from one little boy to the next
"I don't even have to pay to have it dyed - it's just me :)!" from a little red head girl to another girl
"I hate the letter Q - it's just an O trying to be fancy with that stupid tail" from a little girl to her friend

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have been there and pushed moosey on the swing. Maybe an under duck or two!! lol

    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete