Monday, May 21, 2012

Big Boy Bed!

I'm not sure what possessed us to just decide to do this...but we converted Moose's crib yesterday after his nap.  Partly in celebration of him turning 2 - and partly because I honestly was REALLY struggling lifting him in and out of his crib.  My back just couldn't handle it anymore!  It was time.  I was super nervous as you hear all the horror stories of resistance, middle of the night wanderers, boycotting bed time because they have free roam, etc.  Moose has never been all that fantastic at changes to his bed/routine...so I was incredible anxious to see how things would shake down.

The truth is...it all choked me up!  It kind of made it official to me that he was no longer our baby!  Which is okay...because he is an amazing big boy :)

How did it go?!

Knock on wood...it went without a hitch!  He helped us convert his bed in the afternoon...and was in and out of it reading, playing, exploring.  At one point before bed time, he climbed in, said 'nap' and laid down.  He seemed to be receptive to it all!  Then at bed time...he crawled in by himself, laid down, and...went to sleep without getting out once!  The night?...well - it's 7:30 and he just sat up :)

RELIEF!  Lets hope nap time and bed time today go just as well!

I'm so proud of you Moose!  Happy Birthday - we love you!


 I'm pretty sure Kia was panicked that we were getting ready to bring home another one.  She looked paranoid and uneasy as the crib transition happened!!!  'OH NO - NOT AGAIN!'


 And...a new red seat has arrived!  Now there is a reading corner for both Moose and Bear.  I'm sure many a stories will be read here!

1 comment:

  1. Wow cool big boy bed mister!! So proud of you!! :) You always surprise me with how fast you're growing!
    Good job for making transitions so easy for mom and dad!

    Love Auntie Caitlin

    ReplyDelete