Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Never Happens!

Today Moose and I went for lunch with our friend Becky!  It was really great to see her...it's always nice to catch up!   Moose discovered for the first time ever that he...wait for it...can blow the other direction in a straw.  Yup.  Milk all over the table.  Tsk Tsk.    So every time that straw went in his mouth I had to remind him to drink - not blow!  Stinker.  Life is about learning (for him...and for me!).

Anywhos...Moose was full of cuddles for his Mama at the end of lunch...and I'm never gonna pass those up.  There is something so amazing about those little arms wrapped around my neck and that little head snuggled right next to mine.  It's magic.  It's priceless.  It's something that I never want to go away.  Ever.  Becky thought it was pretty cute too and wanted to take a photo.  I have very few photos of Moose and I together because I'm always the one taking them.  The first thing I thought when I saw it when she sent it to me later this afternoon is 'God, I look tired.  I'm so not keeping this photo!'.  And then I thought...'So friggin' what!  I AM tired!  I'm ALLOWED to be tired.  And I should overlook my own sense of insecurity and keep this rare memory of me and my Moose together in a cuddle' - - - because tired or not THAT'S what life is about!

I love you Moose.  I love your cuddles.  And although I won't tell you this - I love that you blew bubbles in your milk at lunch and got it all over the table - because you're 21 months old today - and 21 month old little boys should be experimenting with things like blowing bubbles in their milk from time to time!

Thanks Becky :)

   

2 comments:

  1. I love pictures of my family. Miss you and love you guys.

    Happy 21 months old Jackson.


    Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beg to differ--I think you both look lovely!!! Beautiful smiles all 'round. Great to see you too.

    ReplyDelete