Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Secret Time!

So we have been keeping a very exciting secret from a lot of people since October 7th! As some of you know, we are expecting our first baby! We are beyond over the moon! We found out on October 7th in the evening and had our doctor's appointment on the 9th to confirm!

Now, this excitement hasn't come with its share of ups and downs! We have been struggling a bit through the first trimester with what is called a subchorionic hematoma - basically a blood clot between the uterus and placenta. It has caused me to be off work for almost a month now, but we are committed to doing whatever it takes to having this little babe make a safe entrance into the world! From what I understand, this type of problem often - but not always - resolves itself in the second trimester as the baby grows! I appreciate all the support and warm thoughts and well wishes we have received from those who do know. I believe that the positive energy has brought us great success!

It's been stressful and full of tears and confusion, but today is our 12 week milestone! We are over the moon and are shocked that we are a third of the way there. We have had two ultrasounds, and they both measured up great. The little babe is growing has a great heartbeat, and is already taking over my life!

I am so excited that I can now share all of this with everyone! Telling my parents was so fun and I think my brother is excited to buy the loudest toys that will drive us bonkers - but what are uncles for, right?!

We are wondering if this little babe will come out with either a Jamaican accent or dread locks! Hopefully it would be the previous option - the dread locks would scare me! I'm sure if neither of the above, it's first word just may be 'mon! So far the majority of people believe it is a girl...who knows?!

World, meet our Jamaican-made little babe...



Positive?! I think I must have taken about a dozen tests over the first few weeks! I was so afraid it was going to go away!! This is the one from the first night!


This is little babe at 7 weeks. It had a healthy heartbeat of 143 bpm! I can't believe how little it is. It looks like a peanut!


This is little babe at 10 weeks! Look at how much it's grown in just three short weeks! It amazes me! It's just laying on its back with its legs and arms sticking out! I love this picture! On this day, little babe's heartbeat increased to a healthy 173 bpm and measured right on at 10 weeks. Pretty cool!

Because of the higher-risk situation we are in, we are scheduled for another ultrasound on the 17th to check on the SCH. We are hoping and praying for positive results! We do have a doctor's appointment on Friday where they are going to find a heartbeat with a doppler. Very nerve wracking with all the stress, but I'm hopeful and excited to hear this little one's heartbeat for the first time. Thank god Trevor will be a part of this appointment as he's unfortunately missed both ultrasounds!

That's our news! YAY! Talk to you all soon.

xoxox
Trevor, Kristy, Kia, & Little Babe

3 comments:

  1. Hurray for us!!!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What fantastic news, I am so happy for you both. Hopefully we will be able to see you over the holidays and I can give your tummy a big hug. So exciting!
    -- Casey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey!!!! Can't wait to see you...thanks for the comment! I had no idea you poked around on here! Hope you and Stewart are enjoying the holidays! Thanks for the warm wishes. xoxox

    ReplyDelete