Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Daddy's Girl

I
I love this photo. He was so afraid to walk down the stairs! I was so nervous. This was the scariest part for me!


When I first saw this picture months after the day, it brought tears to my eyes. I remember that moment vividly of him lifting my veil to say goodbye. I was crying, he was strong!


This picture is magical to me...

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a daddy's girl! Since I was little, I think we shared our own little special world. It was a very special day for me, but the symbolism of my dad giving me away emotionally took a toll on me! I remember it was the part that was the most dreaded for me as I knew it would emotionally be the hardest. No one else was around I felt, just him and I. When he first saw me in the house, I asked him how I looked, and it was the first time in my life that I've seen my dad get choked up. He actually ran away! He didn't want us to see him that way! You don't run away from me in a moment like that!!! lol. He was a busy beaver that day - we had to remind him to eat and to relax! I think he enjoyed it all and it was a very special day for him and my mom as well.

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment