Thursday, June 21, 2012

Spray Park

Well...the time had come...our first spray park visit of the year!  WOO HOO!  Jackson was so excited allllll the way there!  We met up with the Cottons.  It was great.  However, I must say how very disappointed I am in the world we live in now.  We went to a spray park in Millwoods, and I'm fairly sure we witnessed a couple drug deals going down...some groups of people hunting down other groups of people...and I can't help but internally panic for the safety of my kids.  I would hate to fall victim to a 'wrong place, wrong time' incident.  But really, we were at a children's play park...so if we can't be safe there...where can we be safe?  Some of you may be thinking 'well, you were in Millwoods', but I don't care.  We were in Millwoods at 7 pm on a weeknight.  Seriously?!  I assure you I've witnessed a fist fight at a park in Riverbend, so really - I'm starting to feel less and less safe in this city - and that makes me sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment