Saturday, December 17, 2011

Car Accidents SUCK

It's been a busy week...and you could also interchange the word stressful in there as well!  We are really starting to feel the pressure to get the move on getting stuff done...the clock is ticking.  To throw a kink in the mix, we were in a 'car accident' Monday afternoon.  I use that term loosely as nobody was hurt and it was minor...but it sucks...and it sucks big.  We were in a parking lot of a condo complex and due to construction there were no parking spots and I had to back out vs. turning around and exiting.  I was shoulder checking and using my mirrors and at the last minute a guy (I almost used the word gentleman...but lets be real here...he's NOT a gentleman!) backed out of his parking stall and we kissed bumpers.  We have very different ideas of what happened...obviously.  I feel I have the right of way as I was in the 'feeder lane' and had no choice but to exit in reverse...and he simply is fighting that I hit him.  So insurance companies are at a stand still until they can connect with the witness.  Anywhos...it sucks.  The stress sucks.  The money aspect sucks.  It all sucks.

Can you believe that the little kiss on my bumper is over $2000 to fix.  What a piss off.  His car had pretty much no damage on it.  It's an older vehicle.  He said he didn't care about the hole in his tail light...but me, I care.  I care A LOT about my broken car :(


The good news it was such a low impact, nobody was hurt, and it could have been much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment