Wednesday, April 4, 2012

He's Here - and WE ARE IN LOVE!

He's Here!!!

Meet our newest addition!

Sawyer Reid Ackerman
April 2, 2012
10:57 AM
9 lbs, 10 oz

We are all doing well and have just arrived home this afternoon!  It is nice to all be together and we are slowly settling in!  Moose LOVES his new baby brother - and is all about 'Sawyer'!  Lets hope it stays that way!

Here is an inside peak at how it all went down!

This was our prep/wait room.  This was the most stressful room to be in because I knew what was coming and had nothing but time to kill!  Trev and I had some laughs...I got my IV...we both changed...and then we WAITED!
Paging Dr. Ackerman! 
This was the worst part for me.  I HATE IVs.  The getting it in.  The keeping it in.  It is not something I stomach well!
Yes...I really was as tired as I look here!  At 2:30 in the morning, Trev woke me in a panic asking me where Jackson was.  I told him I hoped he was sleeping in bed.  He frantically asked me to check my side of the bed as he couldn't find him on his side of the bed.  I reassured him that he was in HIS bed.  As quickly as he sprung up, he was back to sleep...but guess who wasn't?!  ME!
 Then after some laughs, nervous tears, pushing and pulling, a cry out...we met our boy!

Who didn't hesitate to show us how he felt about being pulled into this world!
 This experience was ahhhh-mazing compared to last time.  I got to watch them clean him up and Trev and I were a part of it all as opposed to last time when Moose was whisked away too quickly and I was too drugged up to enjoy anything.  It was amazing to have the staff be so thoughtful, happy, and supportive.  The wishes of 'Happy Birthdays' were fun and they were both inclusive and efficient.  We got to spend time together in recovery - which went so well that I was making phone calls to check in on Moose and update my parents as to our room number.  My dad had even assumed we weren't even in surgery yet - he couldn't believe how coherent and present I was.  I must have really been out of it last time!!  It was night and day different than our last experience.  We also were asked (months and months prior to delivery) to donate our placenta...which we agreed to.  I had no idea that they could use it for so many things such as burn victims, eye surgeries, etc.  I had to undergo extra testing and questionnaires - but isn't it worth it if you can help others?!  A side note that I found hilarious is that one of the questions I was asked during the screening process was if I had sexual intercourse in the past year...I paused...and he waited for my answer almost as though I was being strange.  I said, 'uhhhh...ya, you know this is my placenta you are inquiring about, right?!  I'm clearly pregnant!'  Silence...finally his response...'I guess that is a pretty stupid question to be asking you, isn't it?!  Then we both awkwardly laughed!  Ah funny moments!  

Anyways...I'm rambling now!  Maybe it's the pain killers!  I hope you enjoyed this sneak peak into a very special time in our lives!  More updates to come - I promise.

On another quick side note...we weren't sure how much the boys would look alike...but to us it's super clear!  You may get some side by side comparisons over the next few posts as we are so surprised at the similarities these two chubbers share!

Sawyer is on the left...Jackson is on the right!

4 comments:

  1. LoL I love the side by side comparison! Such cuties! Hugs and kisses to both your little ones :o)
    make sure you get lots of rest and cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... so glad to hear you had a better experience this time with the birth and Sawyer is such a cutie! Congrats to you all on a beautiful addition to the family!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Again
    He is such a cutie and the side by side pictures are incredible.
    Hope to see you again soon
    Get rest

    R&C

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...tears, tears...thanks for sharing this experience with us!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete