Thursday, June 16, 2011

Last swim!

These pictures were taken from our last swim in the pool in California!  We are now home.  Yup, home sweet home.  Sleeping in our own beds, showering in our own showers, and enjoying the rain!  
Trevor and Jackson flew back with my mom and dad and I drove back.  Non stop.  For 26 hours.  It was fantastically exhausting.  I, who the doctor thinks has strep throat, was soooooo tired.  But, we made it.  Now, my favorite part is how people (okay, one person) today said to me 'I expected you to look more rested after your fun vacation'.  I paused (and did some serious self-talk to avoid wringing her neck) and shook it off. Vacation was FUN but not restful!

The truth is, it wasn't relaxing!  And I didn't expect it to be!  We have a 1 year old!  Also, each time we go down, we disrupt Mooses schedule and he sleeps like shit.  Which by proxy means we sleep like shit!  It's really quite frustrating actually because other than SLEEP - he travels blissfully!  But, at the end of it all...he cut a tooth, came down with baby measels, scabbed up his nose, got an ear infection, and drove us to wanting to jump out a window (several times).  

Now that we're home, his sleep is still stressful.  He cries the second we put him in his crib, or better yet - close to his crib!  I was expecting this considering the special accommodations we made to help him (and us) get through the nights!  We are trying to settle into a routine...which I think is changing anyways...so night two of tears at bed time is approaching us...and I'm hoping it is easier and quicker than last night!  I miss my blissful baby who woke up babbling and playing and went to sleep telling stories to his lovey...I hope this is a phase and I look forward to it passing :)

 He was scooping up water and putting it in his mouth!  Silly boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment