Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A day with our friends.

Yesterday we spent the day with the Cottons, and it was great.  It feels like forever since we've been able to pull a day like this off!  We did lunch, the park, a walk, and some visiting around the 'fire' last night after the boys went down to sleep.  It was great.  Thanks for the pseudo 'Father's Day' day!

 After the water park, it was time for the real park!!!...just as fun!


We thought this would only be doable for a short time longer!  SO CUTE!


I love these two boys together!

 Then it was time to be adventurous!
 Minus a couple hiccups on the way there (that involved a speeding ticket, peeling tint off our windows, and getting lost - that's all I'm going to say because I DON'T want to talk about it!) we are glad we made it as we had so much fun with the Cottons.  It is so few and far between now that June is back at work that our families get to hang out on a weekday together!  We made the most of it.

I also forgot my memory card for my camera...which was the perfect topper to the crappy series of events - so thanks to June for bringing your camera, letting me use it, and taking some pretty great photos yourself :)

3 comments:

  1. Is this where I think it is?? Did you get lost getting there?? I feel a bit responsible for that! :) Looks like it turned out fun anyway...and I promise I won't ask about the speeding ticket or window tint!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha I was not the one driving ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the fantastic day! The fire at the end was heavenly :o)

    ReplyDelete