Friday, March 19, 2010

Parenting advice from kids!

So, sadly, I finished my last day at Bisset Elementary School with the Grade 5 classes on Wednesday.  They were always a great addition to my week and I didn't realize until after it ended that they would be my last Kids with Confidence class for a long while.  I will very much miss going into the schools, and am finding more and more that my heart is starting to get sad when I hear comments at work like "when Kristy's gone..." or "once you leave..." I know that they are logical, practical comments - but it really is putting into perspective that 8 weeks from today I will be saying goodbye to my desk, job, and daily life as I know it.  I am very excited to be a mom, but it is just so crazy to me how fast this time came.  Some days I can't wait for maternity leave and others I want to stay connected as much as possible.  It's a hard tug-a-war on my heart.  I know that I will stay in contact and in touch with my special coworkers that are near and dear to me - but will desperately miss the programs I run and meeting so many interesting, funny, amazing people who come in and out of my life...anyways, that's just a little bit of internal reflection!  The true purpose of my post is below!

I was so very lucky to have been part of the Grade 5 class at Bisset for 8 weeks and the kids were always so great!  As a parting gift, they made me a book.  The book is priceless!  It is Parenting Advice from Kids!  I wish I had it in front of me right now to share some of the 'tips', but will have to add them later as it is on my desk - and I sure don't want to make a trip to go get it!  The 'tips' ranged from thoughtful to hilarious and touching to clever!  It is something I will not forget receiving.  I can't wait to share it with you!  They also each drew and colored a picture to go along with their advice...pretty great! 

Looking forward to sharing some of the snippets at a later date :) ......

No comments:

Post a Comment