Sunday, March 14, 2010

Nursery Update!

We were so very excited to pick up the crib!  In fact, we even picked up our rocker!  So - Friday Trevor and I assembled the crib and the rocker and quite successfully I might add!  The room is starting to come together, and although our tree didn't get here yet :( , we are seeing it take form!  We are also waiting for the hutch to go over our dresser to come in!  Patiently waiting!!  I say that loosely - I'm not all that patient and was disappointed it didn't show up with the crib like it was supposed to!!  But I'm trying and am very grateful the crib came! 

We also set up the bedding and with the future Grandma and Grandpa's help on Saturday we were able to put up the matching valence!  I'm not all that big of a fan of a whole lotta matchy-matchy things - but am happy with the pieces of the set we decided on.  Also a thank you to mom for the early gift of the mobile!  I knew she had gotten it and was so happy she read my mind to bring it!  After much debate, we mounted it and are happy with where it is!  We talked and debated drilling holes and adding wedges (we don't have the most mobile-friendly crib!!!), but decided on the outcome pictured below - which is nice and seemed so simple!  

I find myself just sneaking into the room to rock and day dream about what life will be like in just a few short months!  Hope you enjoy the sneak peak as much as we've enjoyed working on it!  


I love that we decided to go dark on the walls, and still love the bedding!

Our dresser, with the change pad, but no hutch!  All in time!

Our rocker, which was actually harder for us to put together than the crib!!!  It's so soft and it reclines!

Our tricky tricky mobile that was the subject of much brainstorming!!

Just a picture I liked of the mobile!

What crib would be complete with out Baby Bear!?  



A thank you goes out to Aunty Caitlin who so sweetly bought our little man a very adorable little outfit!  This thank you and photo is overdue!  The sweater may be the softest thing in the world!

A bib from Uncle Lee!  Uncle Lee and Future Grandpa went to the Nascar races in California last month and 18 is Lee's favourite racer, so he is training his little nephew young!  Thank you for the sweet gesture!

I am still very much loving the invites to the baby shower that Aunty Lesley and I created the other weekend, they are too cute!  


No comments:

Post a Comment