Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Time Out

This morning Jackson participated in his first (mini) time out.  He was being a disaster in the bathroom while I was trying to get my project done.  I was continually redirecting him.  The final straw was when I turned around to find his bubble container opened and the bubble solution ALL OVER the bathroom floor.  Enough was enough.  I sternly said "NO", picked him up, sat him outside the bathroom door and told him in my most serious voice "You need to sit here by yourself because we don't make messes like this on the bathroom floor".  He...CRIED and CRIED.  When I was done cleaning up the mess, I picked him up, told him I loved him, and explained that we don't empty bubbles on the floor and we cuddled and kissed.  It was actually very sweet.  He was hurt that I was mad at him which, although sad to watch, is quite great to see.  He is developing understanding and his own feelings about things.

Have you ever seen such a sad face!?  I feel his pain when I see these photos!  Oh the sadness...


 After our cuddles, Moose spent some time winding down and drinking some milk before nap time.  He is down to only his before-bed bottle which, honestly, I'm just not ready to let go of!  By early Fall it will be gone too.  He has transitioned wonderfully and really quite seamlessly...which was a surprise to me!  I miss my cuddles before his morning nap, but that's life!

Does he not look like such a little boy here?!  He's definitely not my 'baby' anymore.
Elmo is pretty much the only thing he likes on TV and to say likes is an understatement...he is so captivated by that lil red guy it is crazy!  I don't know what it is about Elmo, but kids love him!
 During his meltdown while he was in his 'timeout' I noticed that he also cut his bottom molar on the other side of his mouth.  Two little white bumps are there.  I had no idea!  Go Jackson Go!


The bright side of it all is that it gave me a push to really clean the bathroom.  What started as me cleaning up the floor turned into me scrubbing the counter tops, window sil, toilet, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Oh so sad!!! Wish I could have been a fly on the wall for it all.

    Good job on the tooth moose!

    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, and he is even wearing his Roots of Empathy Teacher shirt for his first time out. How fitting! Good job being firm, it must have been so hard to see him so sad!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete