Wednesday, January 13, 2010

18 Weeks and Excited!

We are very much excited to be entering the 18th week of our pregnancy!  In just a couple of weeks we will get to see our little one again via ultrasound (January 29th!  YAY)!  So exciting!  Things have been going well.  I am definitely into maternity pants!  My appetite has definitely not picked up that much and I am still struggling through food as often it leaves me feeling a bit queesy.  I'm thinking there will be a shift soon!

It has been fun and exciting, I feel little flutters here and there, but not consistently yet, which I'm hoping is just around the corner!  I think I'm more excited for the day to come where Trevor can actually start to feel things moving around in there!  We did buy a doppler and have been finding the heartbeat more consistently!  Trevor gets random messages with baby's heartbeat, and I don't think that it has gotten any less exciting!  I do have a video for you all, should I ever figure out how to post it!  It really might have to wait for Trevor to come home!!

We are talking and thinking and planning more and more about nursery options and about our list of things around the house that we would like to get done!  I think soon we will have to shift those conversations into action as time seems to be flying!

Here is a glimpse into week 18...



How your baby's growing:

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

Baby is now the size of a Sweet Potato!  I do love sweet potatoes!  It really is getting bigger every week!




Although not our baby, I found this picture of a 18 wk old fetus in womb and I found it amazing how big and human it has gotten, so I thought I would share it as a sneak peak into the reality of little babe in there!  I am really looking forward to the opportunity to do a 3-d ultrasound!  I know it won't be like this picture, but it will be so cool to see our little one more vividly!

Anyways...I hope this post finds you all well and happy after the holidays.  January is always a tough time because it is the reality of being back to the grind of things!  Hope you all don't work too hard and enjoy this nice weather we have been having!  We will continue to post pics of our trip to La Quinta and of other things going on!  Sorry there was such a gap, with the holidays and being out of town, it left me little time to check in!




xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Happy 18 Weeks!! Love the new bog design and posts.

    ReplyDelete