Saturday, June 14, 2014

Birthday Bash Part 5

We'd like to introduce the newest member of our family...

It was really hard keeping this to ourselves but we thought the surprise for the boys would be super special...only it took them a while to catch on that Izzy was in fact OURS.  Jackson thought our neighbor Tim just brought over Izzy to show her off and he was super disappointed.  Then when he started to clue in, he started to light up and it was 'do you want to see our brand new puppy' to everybody that came near him!


 We kept her a secret.  Mom and I went out Friday evening to pick her up and snuck her into the house once boys were asleep.  Bathed her and cuddled her in the basement and then she spent the night at our neighbors house (pretty above and beyond neighborly duty!).  The next day I made periodic visits and she really is just so sweet.

This is Ms. Izz after her first bath.

 These pictures are from when Trevor and I drove out to the breeders to choose which puppy we were going to welcome into the family.  It was down to 'red' and 'yellow' and I think yellow aka Izzy helped the process by choosing us.
 I was so surprised when Mom and I went out to see her, she had grown so much.  I can't say enough how special her parents were.  They were just the friendliest sweetest of dogs.  Her dad, Joey, is just such a personality.  Humerous, friendly, curious.  Her mom, Copper, was sweet, calm, gentle.  We hope that Izzy grows up to resemble many of these characteristics.

The first thing Sawyer's asks for every morning is 'Puppy?'  or  'Where's Izzy?' and as soon as I give him the go ahead to see her, he's off!  I can tell that Jackson thinks she's pretty darn special.  But - every so often, he checks in with me about how I'm feeling regarding Kia, 'you still miss Kia though, hey mama'.  Ya, it's true.  I do.  But, that will never go away.  Izzy is going to snuggle her way into the centre of this family.  And I hope with all my might that my boys learn the love, loyalty, and companionship that I did from Kia.

No comments:

Post a Comment