Thursday, February 4, 2010

21 Weeks and Enjoying

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.  (BUT WE AREN'T!!!).

 

  
We had our monthly visit at the doctor's this morning.  It was a quick in-n-out deal again.  Basically measured the uterus, found the heartbeat (152 bpm), said that our blood work came back negative for Down Syndrome (Phew!), and said the ultrasound looked good.  Although it's routine to them, I am always left feeling a little bit of the 'that's all' feeling!  However, I have been assured that if they have concerns, the appointment would have a very different tone to it!  So, I am happy and all seems healthy!  Our last ultrasound showed that the hemmorhages are still there (both of them) but they haven't grown.  They haven't shrunk either - but they haven't grown!  So, we will bounce along our merry little way!  Next app't is set for the 4th of March...

 I have signed up with Moms Town, a country-wide moms group that has a group for South Side of Edmonton moms.  I love it so far, and surprisingly see a lot of the members coming to groups I'm running right now at work!  Small world!  They offer all of these free classes and meetings for moms to learn and get to know each other.  I'm anxiously looking forward to a Breastfeeding 101 class that I've signed up for that happens on Saturday. So far, this will be my first involvement with Moms Town, but they have a monthly calender of events - so hopefully I will fit in more.  They are also doing a six session pregnancy seminar for us expecting mamas - the first one being at the end of the month - so I'm thinking about those too!  I've heard it's a great way to get connected.  I've also been advised that it is a great idea to connect with other moms-to-be, experienced moms, and to prepare myself BEFORE baby comes so we are both more confident in the whole process and have a support network of others going through similar stuff! (And future play date buddies)! 

So, I'm looking forward to it all!  Yay for being a mom-to-be!  It's becoming so exciting as we get closer and have been doing more preparing and shopping and planning!  

Talk soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment