Friday, May 2, 2014

Disneyland Day Two

I must admit, I looked back at the camera for this day and I had nothing!  I just didn't take a lot of photos.  To tell you the truth, I find Disneyland FAR MORE stressful than California Adventure (the park we spent Day One and Day Three at).  In fact, we only spent the morning and early afternoon at Disney and then went back to the room to retreat from the heat and have some down time.  The highlight of Disneyland, hands down, was Splash Mountain.  I was leery of taking Moose on, but he was finally tall enough (my favorite ride as a kid so I've been itching for him to reach the height requirements!).  The first thing he said when it was over..."I WANT TO GO AGAIN AND GET MORE WET!!!"!  Luckily Papa had another Fast Pass so that little wish was granted!  He was also tall enough for Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain...we did the first but not the latter - something about a rollercoaster in the dark made us think he just may not be ready for that!  He did well on Thunder Mountain but found the caves to be a little scary; which they are - so his fear instinct is working just fine!  Sawyer surprised us all and had a two hour nap mid morning - which was great.  I don't think any of us sleep as soundly at night as we do at home when on holidays so it's no surprise the boys are on the tired side (not to mention the heat!).

 Watching the ducks was so much more entertaining than anything else there!


It was H-O-T.  After we spent the afternoon back at the rooms, Mom and I booked massages at the hotel and dad and Trev took the boys swimming.  I was so looking forward to the massage as carrying the boys on my shoulders and lugging everything around really buggered up my neck.  The massage was a success...but I didn't quite feel right after.  And everything went downhill from there - quickly!  We think what happened was that I had heat exhaustion.  I don't know what it was - but it wasn't fun and I was very sick.  I was really worried as the next day we had to be out of the hotel by 11 and it was our character breakfast day.  With some TLC from my family and my amazing husband by my side with cold cloths on the back of my neck I bounced back the next morning and was able to partake in the festivities! PHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment