Sunday, June 23, 2013

Drumheller Day Trip

On Wednesday we went to Drumheller.  Trevor had wanted to take a day trip there for the past couple weeks and had set this day up - so away we went!  It was nice to sneak away as a family but I think Trev and I were a bit disappointed with the experience as a whole.  Many of the outdoor things were closed due to weather and I think maybe Jackson is still too young to enjoy the 'cool' part of what can be read and discovered.  He's still at the 'LOOK' phase.  Which was still fun :)


This is how most photo taking with the two boys went - so I had to include it as it's very reflective of the ages!  Love it! 
Jackson LOVED his shirt.  He kept telling random people that his dinosaur had running shoes and a hat - and would say 'that's pretty silly, hey?!'.  He's so fun! 

Eating arms 'like a dinosaur'...



On the way home, we passed a place called 'Guzoo' (http://www.guzooforever.com).  I quickly googled it and had high hopes of baby tigers and bears.  But - I must say - it was a disappointment.  Ah well, it was worth a try.  We did see lions and tigers and camels and monkeys but they were quite mangey and it made you a bit sad that they were living in such small enclosures.  I will not lie I had high hopes of a 'We Bought a Zoo' experience.  It's not the same!

Instead of a baby tiger, Jackson got to hold a one week old baby goat!  He was happy :)


 Apparently this dog hates everyone but this pig.  They are inseparable. I love that.

Feed one goat...
And become the most popular little boy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the fun day family.

    Miss you

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete