Thursday, February 19, 2015

CALIFORNIA AUG/SEPT 2014

Alright, here is the start to the update where we left off from this busy ol' life of ours!  As much as I've heard that some of you have missed the blog updates, I assure you no one has missed them more to me!  You may not realize this, but this is my memory album for when I go back to make my family's albums, etc.  And waiting 5 or 6 months to write about something really leaves my memory struggling - and I hate that.  So here I am, picking up the pieces and getting back on track!  Lots of updates to happen here...so be patient and kind with me!

On August 26 we departed the heat in Edmonton only to be met by (almost) unbearable heat of the desert in Palm Springs.  This trip of ours was HOT HOT HOT.  We would never usually opt to travel down at this time of year, but one thing drew us in...Legoland.  While Legoland is open year round, they close their waterpark in the Fall to the Summer of the following year...so this alone was our drive to head down at such a hot time of year.  More on Legoland later!

I remember picking up Trevor, we were just buzzing with excitement...or was it the slurpees...or the sugar from the birthday party we were coming from?!  It's really hard to say!!  Either way we were all smiles!


Traveling this time was less stressful.  Sawyer is older and able to be occupied.  Jackson is easily occupied by electronics or conversation.  I actually got to sit a row up from the trio of boys and got a slew of editing done on my computer, I remember Trevor watching over my shoulder (because I hate being watched!) and rocking out to the Jake and the Neverland Pirate soundtrack cd because that is what was loaded to my computer from the boy's birthday party!  Oh the memories!

The best part of flying down was probably how kind the pilot and staff were.  It was the first time, and maybe only time, the boys were invited into the cock pit.  I was so unprepared.  All I had was my cell phone out and the pilot took the photo for us.  Jackson was in awe and Sawyer probably had no idea how cool it was!  But Jackson thought it was cool - so Sawyer thought it was cool!


 It doesn't matter how often I fly, it makes me feel uneasy every single time.  I hate the whole process.  The airport stress, the anxiety when we take off, the fear I may have to use the washroom!  It's definitely not my favorite thing to do!  And Trevor does it with such ease...mind you he is far calmer than me and does it once a week!  Thank god we have each other to create some balance!

About 3 or 4 hours later we arrived...in the heat.  OH THE HEAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment