Thursday, July 10, 2014

CANADA DAY!

This year I really wanted to take in some Canada Day festivities.  Trev isn't always home for days like this, which made me want to go out even more.  He would prefer to stay home in the peaceful, calm nature of our back yard - which I can appreciate - but part of the fun is the crowds and the celebrations.  We decided to go to the zoo as we've heard about the renovations and wanted to check everything out.  The boys LOVED the choo choo ride and the paddle boats.  I wish the paddle boats had a larger perimeter to go in, but I guess it's a zoo!  The day was calling to be a HOT one, and we stayed out until the boys' faces started to show the heat (which sadly doesn't take long...they don't handle the heat as well as I wish they would...and would stay out all day if I let them even if it made them sick).  We left around lunch, went and had a nice lunch together, and went home for naps as the plan was to keep the boys up well past their bed times to take in the fireworks and the lighting of the bridge!


It was also Lucy the elephant's birthday so we got to get a close up of her AND watch her paint one of her famous pictures.


 Did a craft...

We decided to take in the fireworks and got the boys in their jammies, armed them with glowsticks, and went out.  I was really impressed with how they handled the (long) wait.  I think it was just a cool new experience for them.  I haven't been in years.  I don't think our location choice was ideal (although if the city were to trim up the bushes it would have been golden) but it was good enough to take in the festivities.

Happy Birthday Canada!

1 comment: